The Edwin Morgan Trust is looking for new board members to bring their experience, skills and enthusiasm to the EMT to work on delivering grant programmes and awards to Scottish poets in accordance with the wishes of the late Edwin Morgan, Scotland’s first national ‘makar’ or poet laureate. We are actively seeking board members with skills that are currently under-represented in the EMT. In particular, we are interested in recruiting individuals with knowledge of the financial sectors with accountancy and investment experience.
We have included a recruitment pack, some insights and reflections from our current Trustees and a link to the application below.
- Callout deadline: Monday 15th May.
- Interviews will be held in late May / June with a panel chaired by one of the current Trustees.
- Time commitment, a 3-year term, up to 1 day per month (including attendance at a minimum of three meetings a year).
- The role is unpaid, but financial assistance is possible to help reduce barriers for folk who would otherwise be unable to consider a Trustee position. Further reasonable expenses incurred in connection with your duties as a Trustee will be reimbursed.
- We would like the board of Trustees to represent a range of lived experience and perspectives. Training is available for new trustees without board experience.
- New Trustees will be welcomed to the Edwin Morgan Trust in June 2023.
- Please contact David Kinloch at email@example.com with any questions.